Audio Technica AT2020
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology^Ideal for project
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology Ideal for project/home-studio
Are you tired of cheap mics that sound, well, cheap? What if you could find a mic that performed like a big-deal studio condenser, but didn't have a big-deal impact on your wallet? The Audio-Technica AT2020 is that mic! In a world where many condensers can only really do one thing well, the AT2020 excels on many fronts. Wanna throw it in front of your guitar amp? It can handle it! Recording a nuanced vocal? No problem? Over a drum kit? You bet! This black beauty can do all that and more! And better yet, you get this eye-popping level of performance at a mind-blowing price! Grab an AT2020 today and start making great recordings!
The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology, Audio Technica's AT2020 studio mic has a low-mass diaphragm that is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high sound pressure levels (SPLs) with ease.
See larger image.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 20 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 12.1 ounces
- Dimensions: 6.38 inches long, 2.05-inch maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Includes: Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R7